About the Course

Course in Relationship Miracles: Lesson 50



"My relationships are enhanced by spiritual teachers and spiritual books!"

Wouldn't it be funny if reading "Atlas Shrugged" was like taking some kind of course in miracles? Sometimes reading a powerful fictional work can cause a major shift in mind and perhaps a major shift in mind could be called a miracle ... especially if it lifted a person out of darkness into light.

In the ancient Sanskrit language, "gu" (darkness) and "ru" (light) are combined to form "guru" (one who takes me from darkness into light). Certainly living in the presence of a true guru is beneficial to myself and all my relationships ... and I want to very much feel the presence of my guru. I can only imagine how it must have felt to know Jesus of Nazareth personally and live in his physical presence.

There are those who say, "Well, I don't need a special guru because everyone I come into contact with is teaching me all the time, even when I don't see the teaching." That's true, but it shouldn't be used as an excuse for not finding a fully enlightened teacher to help me speed up the process.

This week I make a dedication inside myself to find a teacher who can really take me all the way spiritually.

As with teachers, so with books. If reading "Atlas Shrugged" is like taking some kind of course in miracles, what if there exist even greater spiritual books which could expand my awareness a million times more?

What if I went to the library and said to the librarian, "Do you have any spiritual books that would thoroughly change the way I see everything ... as if I were reading some kind of course in miracles?" Yes, there are a handful of extremely advanced spiritual books around, books that cause great openings spiritually, and most libraries have at least one of them. This week I also dedicate myself to searching for some of the greatest spiritual books.

To make firm my dedication I use my meditation upon awakening this week to say aloud to myself a few times the statement of this week's lesson:

"My relationships are enhanced by spiritual teachers and spiritual books."

While I am decreeing, I visualize myself studying the very best spiritual books available and experiencing a connection with a totally enlightened spiritual teacher who is capable of taking me all the way spiritually. I see my relationships enhanced many times over by rapidly expanding spiritual awareness.

During the day I watch for signs and signals, messages from the universe which might be guiding me to this teacher or that book. If I suspect I'm being guided, I quiet my mind in meditation and then ask inside:

"These are signs guiding me, true or false?"

"These signs are guiding me to ______ (fill in the blank), true or false?"

With practice I will become more and more adroit at recognizing and following spiritual guidance.

Before falling to sleep at the end of each day this week I use my usual meditation period to get in-touch with my spiritual nature and my spiritual guidance. I might even say to myself a statement of thanksgiving something like:

"I really love my spirituality and how it makes relationships easy."






Also available free of charge online:
Course in Political Miracles

No comments: