About the Course

Sensible Immigration? Or Multicultural Incoherence?



Certainly if you were living in a country where you felt held down or held back, or even wounded by your government's policies, no reasonable person could fault you for escaping to another place and living as an immigrant.

But living in a new world as an immigrant, would you really want to hold onto your old world which was responsible for your suffering in the first place? Or would you be interested in breaking free of the old altogether by learning a new language and new ways of thinking, joining with your new brothers and sisters in your new culture rather than holding them apart from you in special relationship?

A Course in Miracles does not specifically identify officially sanctioned multiculturalism as a mistake different in principle from other foolish mistakes of the ego. But throughout the Course we are taught that desiring to hold onto differences is the ego's way avoiding peace and harmony:

"All special relationships have sin as their goal. For they are bargains with reality, toward which the seeming union is adjusted. Forget not this; to bargain is to set a limit, and any brother with whom you have a limited relationship YOU HATE. But Healing is an act of thought by which two minds perceive their oneness, and become glad. Minds that are joined, AND RECOGNIZE THEY ARE, can feel no guilt. For they can NOT attack, and they REJOICE that this is so, seeing their safety in this happy fact. Their joy is in the INNOCENCE they see."





Each month our Holy Spirit gives a message of prophetic revelation which helps individuals open spiritually and understand Jesus' teaching.



Click for this month's message.


If you would like to receive an email each month containing a link to the latest message from our Holy Spirit, please email us with "ADD" in the subject line: holyinstant@aol.com


"...nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you." (Luke 17:21)


Click below for more information on A Course in Miracles Light Sessions in Salt Lake City:
Holy Instant Christian Fellowship


5 comments:

Ann said...

But when one immigrates to another country out of love of another person? I left my birth country to be with my now husband. I respect his country, culture, language etc., but does not mean I like, mainly due to the lack of respect of the people here of other cultures.

Jose said...

There are millions of immigrants therefore millions of reasons and possibilities. I'll just tell you about one, mine. I was born in Mexico and have been living here most of my life, I am now a citizen of United States and thanks to my parents my life has been easier that theirs was. But I still have familily back in Mexico, I still speak with a big accent, I still eat tacos and frijoles and no matter what I do I can't deny what I am. I am Latino and I am proud. Now I live in a fancy neighbourhood and make good money and hope to be an example for those that are fighting to win their space here.

Chandira said...

I agree that it's important to a person to maintain cultural identity, no matter what state of spiritual understanding they have. One of my issues with these types of communications is their inherant need to homogenize and sanitize us all and deny that which they don't feel comfortable. In certain circles this type of communication is known as 'white light fascism'.

I hate to call it something that strong, but to a person who is also an immigrant to the US, and also has a deep understanding of Unity, this is utterly not the case. I suggest you think how to re-word that communication. It sounds a lot like mild fascism otherwise.

billy jacks said...

So if I understand you correctly, you are saying that the european christians should have adopted the culture of the natives in the New World when they arrived instead of holding on to their heritage (and ego)?

But then we wouldn't have Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny!!! I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one...

Christian Prophet said...

I suspect white immigrants to America were guided by their holy spirit to adopt some cultural traits of the Native Americans, just as who we call "Native Americans" were probably guided by their holy spirit to accept some cultural traits of those who were on the continent before them.

This message is not saying to give up ALL old cultural traits. It appears to be advocating willingness to give up some old things and adopt some new things so a joining can take place. Stubborn insistance in holding onto all old traits and refusal to accept new traits, as in knee-jerk multiculturalism, seems to bring about only conflict.