About the Course

The Happiest Relationship Thought

"Everything is just exactly as it should be!"

It's one thing to see that everything is going wrong in the world.

It's another thing to grasp that everything is working together for a perfect outcome in every situation everywhere.

Which of these ways I choose to see things is going to largely determine my emotional state, true or false?

If I see things in a positive light, I'm going to feel wonderful. If I see things from a negative point of view, I'm going to be dragged down by anger, fear, or whatever other emotion I'm generating for myself that feels like hell.

Certainly heaven is here and now ... or hell is here and now ... depending on how I'm viewing things.

Therefore what I really want to do is always see things in a positive light so I feel great and my good vibrations affect everyone around me in a positive way.

But how do I see things in a positive light always, no matter what?

I do this by re-training my mind to focus away from negative viewpoints. I train myself to know that everything is just exactly as it should be.

This takes some explanation.

What if all I could see was the very little tip of the iceberg while the big giant foundation of the iceberg was not visible to me? So let's say I could see maybe 5% of what was really going on while 95% of what was really going on is not something I can see or make a judgment about.

Now there are two possibilities. Either all these 95% hidden inter meshing gears of the universe are working together for the highest good and everything is just exactly the way it should be, or ... the universe follows no rhyme or reason.

The universe is orderly or not, can be trusted or not.

Science and religion both tell us there are natural laws, universal laws, at work which can be trusted. If that's true then everything is just exactly as it should be.

One advantage of knowing that everything is just exactly as it should be is that I can relax and enjoy life. Sure there are going to be pains if I or others temporarily step "off course". Since pain is one of the universe's course-correction devices, even pain can be seen as part of the universe working together for every one's highest good.

A second advantage of knowing that everything is just exactly as it should be is that others around me don't have to be manipulated or resisted in any way. They are free ... and that makes for marvelous relationships.

So this week I learn to direct my mind away from seeing negatively.

To start each day this week on the right note, as I awaken I say to myself slowly and meaningfully at least 25 times over the statement of this week's lesson:

"Everything is just exactly as it should be."

During the day I take a mini-break each hour to close my eyes, take a few deep relaxing breaths, and again say to myself this statement for a full 5 minutes:

"Everything is just exactly as it should be."

Finally, at the end of the day I ask my mind to give me memories of any negative emotions which arose during the day and the situations involved. While each such memory is in mind I again say aloud a few times, speaking directly to the memory:

"Everything is just exactly as it should be."

Before falling to sleep, I ask myself, "How does it feel to know that everything is just exactly as it should be?" What is the feeling?

I fall asleep knowing and feeling that all is well.





Also available free of charge online:
Course in Political Miracles

No comments: